“A Yogic Taste of Scotland!”
Yoga, Hiking & Scottish Castles
May 19 – 27, 2020
9 days ● 8 nights
with Lori McCormick, ERYT, Owner/director of Fusion Yoga Studio, Sacramento.
Join us for a unique adventure that combines international travel yoga in beautiful, historical Scotland!
Highlights Include …
Accommodations at the Doubletree/Hilton Dunblane Hydro Hotel – includes daily breakfast (restaurant hosts a Michelin-Star chef), a swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, and steam room… and a chocolate chip cookie 🙂
Yoga & Meditation Classes with Lori
4 group dinners
Hiking & various awesome excursions (see below)
Transportation to/from Edinburgh Airport
Excursions Included in the Cost:
- Day Trip to Edinburgh. Includes transportation to/from Edinburgh, a “Hop On – Hop Off” bus pass. Option to hike to Arthur’s Seat (situated above the Royal Mile) – or enjoy free time to visit the city on your own. After dinner, we’ll take a guided ghost tour of the city and cemetery.
- Day Trip to Edinburgh to visit the Scottish “Royal Mile.” Includes tours of Palace of Holyrood, Edinburgh Castle (see royal jewels!), and the Queen Victoria & Albert Royal Yacht Britannia, plus a “Hop On – Hop Off” bus pass.
- Day Trip to Fort William where we’ll board the Harry Potter Steam Train and take a lovely ride over the iconic Glenfinnan aqueduct to the coast to enjoy lunch and some free time in Mallaig, the main fishing port of Scotland’s west coast.
- Day Trip to Doune Castle (Monty Python, Game of Thrones, Outlander), Stirling Castle, National Wallace Monument in Stirling (we’ll climb 245 steps up a spiral staircase to the top of the monument for a 360-degree view of Scotland’s historic heartland), a boat ride on the Falkirk Wheel, and a visit to the giant Kelpies (30-meter-high horse heads sculpture, depicting kelpies [shape-shifting water spirits]).
- Day Trip to the highlands to visit Glencoe (beautiful sight and Scotland’s most famous Glen). Hike through the Nevis Gorge to Steall Falls (Brittan’s second highest waterfall and a Harry Potter filming location).
- Day Trip to Castle Stalker (Monty Python) on Loch Linnhe, and Kilchurn Castle on Loch Awe. Two-hour boat cruise on Loch Lomond to explore the legends and secrets of the islands of Loch Lomond. We will also take in a falconry show with various birds of prey.
- Day Trip to Rosslyn Chapel (DiVinci Code), Melrose Abbey (beautiful pink sandstone ruins and location of Robert the Bruce’s heart). If time allows, we will also visit the Jedburgh Abbey and Tantallon &/or Craigmillar Castles.
Although our goal is to do everything listed above, please understand that weather, traffic, and unpredictability (plus limited time) may cause us to make modifications to the original plans. While our itinerary is packed full of excursions for you to enjoy, you can “opt out” of any of them and do your own thing if you prefer.
All levels of yoga experience are welcome, including first-timers. (Also welcome are those who don’t have an interest in yoga but who love to travel.)
Cost: $2,950, double occupancy – full payment due by March 31
* For a room of your own (single occupancy), add $700 to the above amounts.
Space is limited and is expected to fill quickly.
A non-refundable deposit of $800 will reserve your spot.
Reservations can be made at our front desk or on-line at www.FusionYogaSac.com (recommended).
Due to limited spacing and the unique nature of this event, which includes prepaid activities, there are no refunds for cancellations made 60 days from the first day of the event. (Paid spots CAN be transferred to a friend or family member.)
Please be aware that you will need to make your own airline reservations. Flying into Edinburgh is highly recommended and is the closest to where we’re staying. (To save costs, you may want to look at flights going out of the Bay Area. It’s actually quite easy to take Amtrack from downtown Sacramento, transfer to BART in Richmond which will take you directly to San Francisco International Airport.) While we have seen prices to Scotland anywhere from $500-$800, until we have confirmed your spot, we highly recommend holding off purchasing a ticket for the time being. We will keep an eye on fares and will let you know of any “sales” we hear about.
For those who are confirmed, we will eventually have a couple of meet-ups prior to our trip to meet one another, review the itinerary, and possibly coordinate airline travel so that you have someone to travel with (that is, if you’d be traveling alone and would like a companion).
Got questions, please contact Lori at (916) 600-6557.