Private Yoga Sessions & Yoga Therapy
with Lori McCormick
C-IAYT (Certified International Association of Yoga Therapists)
ERYT 500 (Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher)
Why Private Sessions…?
- Learn how to modify traditional yoga postures for your ability, condition, body type, age, etc.
- Learn specific postures and/or movement to help bring healing and/or pain relief to an injured area. (Yoga therapy is an individualized approach to a particular injury, medical ailment, or medical condition.)
- Learn yoga from the ground up in a private setting.
- Work on the specific areas in your body that hold tension or are weak.
- Learn how to meditate, breathe properly, and relax deeply.
- Practice at a time that isn’t currently offered on our schedule.
- Design a sequence for your home practice that’s complimentary to your other activities.
- Option to audio/video record session (record on your phone for home practice/reference).
- Semi-private sessions are available as well. Host a yoga class for just you and your friend(s) and/or co-workers! Perhaps as a birthday, anniversary or some other special event. See rates for semi-private sessions below.
- For corporate classes at your facility, please contact Lori for more information.
Rates for Private Sessions (for one person)
60 minutes …. $ 85
90 minutes ….. $ 110
Rates for Semi-Private Session (for 2+ people)
60 Minutes … $ 85 for the first person, and $10 for each additional person.
(For example: 1 hour for two people = $95 …. that is, $85 for the first person, plus $10 for the second one… if for three people, cost would be $105, etc.)
90 Minutes … $ 110 for the first person, and $10 for each additional person.
* The above rates are for in-studio sessions. If class is held in your home or another location, cost will be higher based on additional time for travel, mileage, etc.
To schedule a session, please text/call Lori at (916) 600-6557 or email Lori@FusionYogaSac.com.
Lori McCormick (formerly Lori Moore) is the director and owner of Fusion Yoga Studio Sacramento, Inc. Teaching yoga and running a successful yoga studio has been Lori’s passion and full-time career since 2004. She has more than 15,000 hours of actual teaching experience and well over 1,000 hours of continuing education from various programs and workshops.
Formally trained in the Ashtanga yoga tradition, Lori has studied with Ashtanga yoga master David Swenson, Seane Corn and Shannon Wells. She has also completed an Advanced Yoga Teacher program at White Lotus with Ganga White and Tracey Rich, as well as with Nancy Wile of Yoga Education Institute. Lori is also a certified Somatic Yoga teacher and was trained by founder Eleanor Criswell (a one-year therapeutic program) and is a Certified Yoga Therapist through the International Association of Yoga Therapists.
Through her participation in various intensives, she continues to be inspired by many remarkable teachers including Gary Kraftsow (therapeutics), Judith Lasater, Doug Swenson, Shiva Rea, Ana Forrest, Erich Schiffmann, Trina Altman, and many others*. She prides herself on learning and understanding the body’s dynamics having studied anatomy under Mark Uridel, Peter Ehlers (Tom Myers Anatomy Trains), Joe Barnett, and Jason Crandell. Additionally, she is an avid reader and has read several hundred yoga, anatomy, and meditation books, as well as relatable books on psychology, trauma, PTSD, depression, pregnancy, relationships, spirituality, and more that correspond to her students’ needs.
Lori strives to be the teacher that she would want to learn from. While she has trained with many outstanding teachers, she has also learned through years of experience from her own personal practice. To this day, she maintains a consistent personal practice and believes it’s an integral part of her overall well-being. She finds it also serves as a source of inspiration for her teaching.
Lori blends her teaching experience, personal practice experience, her knowledge and passion for teaching into a non-dogmatic style that’s supportive and nurturing to ALL physical levels and abilities. She is proficient at teaching mixed level classes, where she is able to challenge the most advanced student while modifying the practice for those with injuries or who are less familiar with yoga. She enjoys teaching classes that are energetic, playful, and exploratory, yet she emphasizes being mindful and using proper alignment and form in order to avoid injury. She applies principles of anatomy and function to her teaching so that each student learns how to practice safely for their unique body and abilities. Her intention is to help students use the practice primarily as a healing art (rather than as a workout) – teaching them to practice safely so that they will be able to continue practicing yoga for a lifetime. She creates a space that is safe for exploration and growth and gently guides her students to trust their inner teacher while supporting them on their journey.
For more than 15 years, Lori has been training yoga teachers (training some of the best yoga instructors in the greater Sacramento area) and emphasizes developing teachers who are able to safely and effectively teach, not just lead, a yoga class. As a trainer, she works to help new teachers develop and share their own unique expression and interpretation of the practice, and continues mentoring them throughout their career as needed.
Besides being a certified yoga therapist (C-IAYT through the International Association of Yoga Therapists), she is also a registered yoga teacher (E-RYT 500 through Yoga Alliance), and is a certified Transformation Meditation teacher. She teaches on-going classes at Fusion and also leads workshops and international yoga retreats. She teaches students privately at the studio and/or in their homes (specializing in working with those with injuries and special health conditions, including stroke, auto-immune diseases, cancer, etc.). She’s taught on-going semi-private classes for Worker’s Comp patients that have been injured on the job in order to rehabilitate them so they can return to employment, as well as to athletes, including high school varsity football and baseball teams. She also teaches in corporate settings, and gives talks on the benefits and history of yoga.
In her spare time, she LOVES to travel, enjoys creating art, reading tarot, working out, golfing, music/concerts, playing the piano, wine tasting, cooking, practicing yoga, dabbling in essential oils, reading, dancing, serving her community, adventure, working hard, having fun, and spending time with her family, friends, 3 cats, 1 dog, and loved ones.
* Lori has more than 15,000 hours of actual teaching experience, 1,000+ hours of continuing education from various programs and workshops, and over 30,000 hours of experience in operating a successful studio. She is the former owner of My Yoga Lounge in Sacramento (2004-2009) as well as the owner and director of Fusion Yoga Studio Sacramento, Inc. (2009 to present), a single venue which houses three separate studios and healing room, and offers over 35 classes per week.