Our Teaching Program
Our 200-hour yoga certification course (recognized by Yoga Alliance), is open to those who want to teach yoga, but may also be taken by those who are not necessarily intending to become yoga instructors. Many students pursue teacher training not because they want to teach, but because they love yoga and want to learn more. Teacher Training is a beautiful way to deepen your practice and take it to a new level!
While some programs train teachers in less time than ours, we feel that a more extended program allows student-teachers to integrate what they’ve learned. (There is no substitute for having the time to put into practice what you are learning!) Our program is structured in a way that allows students to complete their training while accommodating career and family commitments. (A few weeknights are included to give student-teacher live teaching opportunities. Make-up options are available).
In Our Program You’ll Learn:
- Yoga philosophy and lifestyle
- Meditation, Pranayama (breathing exercises), and relaxation techniques
- Chakras and energy
- How to teach (with your words, your voice, your hands, and through demonstration)
- Appropriate touch and making physical adjustments
- Sequencing postures (gradient approaches to positions and modeling postures in stages), safely prepare muscle groups for specific poses and gain the ability to teach beginners, intermediate safely, and mixed level classes
- Basic human anatomy (muscles, bones) in relationship to asanas and principles of alignment
- Working with injuries/illness, prop usage, proper alignment, offering modifications
- How to structure a class, create effective lesson plans, and how to manage your classroom and time
- Dynamics of the student-teacher relationship, building rapport, developing confidence as a teacher
- Practice teaching, assisting, and observing (in a safe setting to help you gain confidence as a teacher)
- The Business of yoga – marketing your services, teaching to special populations
- Ethics – group discussion on being an ethical, quality instructor with integrity
- On-going mentoring, even after the program ends
- Fusion’s Yoga Teacher Training Manual
Investment / Tuition
Teacher Training Program – $2,500
Available Discounts (please note due dates):
- CASH (save $200)……………………………………….………………. $2,300
- Early-Bird, paid in full by TBD (save $250)………………………… $2,250
- Early-Bird & CASH, paid in full by TBD (save $350)..…….. $2,150
- SUPER Early-Bird, paid in full by TBD (save $400)………. $2,100
- SUPER Early-Bird & CASH, paid in full by TBD (save $450!)…$2,050
Early application and payment-in-full secures your spot in the program. Please note that class size is intentionally kept small so that Lori can provide quality attention, support, and mentorship to each student teacher. As such, space is limited. Cash, check, or credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) are accepted. Payment arrangements *may* be considered for those in need.
Although anyone has the potential to be a great yoga teacher, having a regular yoga practice and general familiarity and knowledge of yoga will significantly help and accelerate your learning on the teaching path. If you’re planning on teaching, it’s recommended that;
1) applicants have a regular, consistent practice for a minimum of 1-2 years
2) Have taken a few classes with Lori (to make sure you’re a good match for each other), and
3) a willingness and dedication to commit to self-study/home-study.
If you want to learn more (and not teach), there are no prerequisites other than a willingness to learn.
Procedure for Applying:
If you want to apply for our Teacher Training course, please complete an Application Form available at the studio or on our website or click the link above. You will be notified of your acceptance within a week of our receiving your application. An application fee of $50 must be included with a completed application form (payable to “Fusion Yoga Studio”), which will be deducted from full tuition upon acceptance of the application. If your application is unsuccessful, there will be no charge, and your deposit will be refunded.
Want to get started RIGHT AWAY?
If you’re accepted into our program, and you’re motivated and inspired to get a jump start, you can use the time between now and the official start date of January 1 to begin your required reading assignments (and possibly some of the homework assignments too). Getting started early is an option for those that are interested in doing so — it is NOT necessary or required.